Pretex is …
… an established, impregnated special paper that is printed as maps for;
- orienteering and rogaining
- wall charts
- and other professional uses.
and used in major events for chest bibs.
The advantages of Pretex are …
- suitable for digital printing on commercial digital presses
- more durable than normal paper (higher tear strength)
- water resistant
- suitable for outside use
- can be printed offset litho using standard inks
- or eco inks with longer drying times
- can be easily folded
- environmentally friendly
- lamination not required.
It has been the preferred water resistant paper in European orienteering since 2007 and in Australia since 2009.
You want your maps or bibs printed? Then head to our Services page…
Ready to order? Head off to our Shop page for Pretex.
Pretex water-resistant map paper is available in Australia mainly through the efforts of orienteers, rogainers and map makers Jim Russell of Stay in Control and Ken Dowling of MapSport Cartographic. Jim and Ken look forward to Pretex being available off the shelf from an Australian merchant but in the meantime they do all the hard yakka for you.