Downloading Georeferenced Satellite Images
A few notes to clarify the generally good wiki instructions.
- 2. I find the selection of extent is better done in 3, after opening the Selection Manager tool which is the second menu symbol.
- 3. The Selection Manager allows varied means of selection. For a rectangle, your 2nd click starts the drawing.
- 3. Then select the Stitch tab. The settings shown work well. Do select an appropriate folder for the resultant background image.
- 3. The image above is zoom level 20. Higher zoom levels significantly increase data volume as does selecting png rather than jpg.
- 7. If your map coordinate system is not Google Mercator (mine was GDA94/MGA94), then you need to select Transform so as to identify Google Mercator as the coordinate system of the Image.
Faced with the realisation that SASPlanet is not from a source known to me and also is delivered as an executable, I was rather nervous. OCAD’s endorsement was a promising start, soon diminished somewhat in finding SASPlanet wikipedia entry is in Russian. OSM’s wiki entry is brief.
However, after a fair bit of searching I came to the conclusion that the risk is acceptable. The latest version is in BitBucket 17MB. Do please use Comments to let us know how useful it is to you.