Georeference with OCAD 2018 New Map Wizard
Use New Map Wizard to haul in a georeferenced OSM (Open Street Map) covering the area of your un-georeferenced map. Save the resulting OCAD map then use it as a background map to georeference your target map.
Tips for best results
- Best features to use are well defined road junctions.
- Avoid roundabouts, curves, tracks as they tend to be less precise.
- Start with just 4 points well spread.
- Then if some lines don’t match well, select more points for the next round.
- A wonky old map could take 3 or 4 rounds.
- Any more and you need to consider rubber sheeting or starting a new map.
A 1m 30s video of the New Map Wizard https://www.screencast.com/t/vOO49aEr5Fzb
OCAD helo wiki on the same topic https://ocad.com/wiki/ocad/en/index.php?title=New_Map_Wizard