The continuous rollout of improvements to OCAD is exactly as promised by OCAD Inc when the subscription method was announced. A very few of those are;
- A raft of enhancements to Course Setting
- Check Legibility also by a selected area of map.
- Manage Background Maps: Option when opening, to transfer background map co-ordinate system.
- Remove undershoots (use with caution on mtbo maps) and overshoots.
- Magnetic north: Rotate Map to MN and also New Map Wizard option to orient to MN.
OCAD 2019 is just a name
Soon you will see OCAD 2019 as the branding. As the versioning process is now carried out continuously, the name does not represent a new major version. From 2020 the branding will likely revert to OCAD. I suggested OCAD 21st Century but maybe Fox would object.
OCAD version conversions
For my customers
For my my OCAD 11, 12, 2018/19 customers, conversions from OCAD 5 upwards are now available to your current version. Preferably upload to Dropbox, Google Drive or similar and email me the link and your request . Please provide your licence # with your request.
These will be processed most weeks, usually on a Tuesday. No charge but a donation to junior orienteering will be appreciated by them.
For other OCAD users
Having just converted a number of files from OCAD 5 to OCAD 7 (the latter can be opened by OCAD 9), I realised this facility might be useful for others. If so, zip them up, upload to Dropbox, Google Drive or similar and email me the link and your request. You don’t have to be a customer of mine.
Usually 1 to 3 weeks. No charge but a donation to junior orienteering will be appreciated by them.