One liner OCAD tips
Even if just one of these is an ‘ah ha !’ moment for you too, your 2017 OCAD productivity will take a leap.
- Want to improve your O map design aspects? Read this BOF booklet.
- Have Tips with Keyboard and Mouse by your side for a while.
- To resize a logo or image where the embedded text does not resize, select the whole image, convert to graphic, then resize.
- Learn from Program Files > OCAD > OCAD [edition] > Samples
- Explore Program Files > OCAD > OCAD [edition] > Templates
- Importing Shape contour, hydro, transport lines? After import, Select symbol, Select objects by symbol, Smooth, Change to Bezier curve and you are done for the trip.
- Use Symbol Status Manager to control those pesky Hide/Normal symbols when creating/modifying a map.
- Most productive hardware in my OCAD tools arsenal? My second screen. Just an old Dell 1280 x 1024.
Got one of your own to share? Just comment on this post.
A school holidays or winter nights activity. Many ways to reuse old maps. Well maybe don’t reuse really old maps like this.
- Make a map purse
- Make a lampshade
- Make a throw cushion
- Make map shoes
- Make a carry or gift bag – stronger if you reuse a Pretex map
- Make envelopes
- Four ways to reuse old maps
- Nine things to do with your old maps
And if you still can’t get enough of maps then there is always Mapstravaganza